Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thoughts and Musings

(I meant to post this over the weekend, but a trip to North Carolina postponed my online adventures.. So without further adieu, here's "Thoughts and Musings")

 Hello to all, and warm wishes for the New Year. It seemed like 2011 had only just begun- are these years going faster and faster, or is it just me? Anyway, may Lady Luck find her way to your door and bring you a joyous and prosperous year. Hopefully everyone had a wonderful, and more importantly- safe, Christmas and New Year holiday. It's been a few weeks since my last post, but with the holiday season arriving in full force it was worth "un-wiring" myself from the grid to spend quality time with friends and loved ones.

  Anyway, January 2012 has arrived.....meaning in just a short 9 months, the Cannonball Run will be upon us. Time to get cracking on some preparations. You've gotta pay to play, right? So over the next 120 days, my team and I will be hitting the sponsorship effort at full force. As previously mentioned, our friends Ken Ashton and Phil Haywood of Vintage and Veteran, LLP from Burton-Upon-Trent, England have graciously offered us a team sponsorship. Recently, my team and I have been making a list of several corporations who we think might be interested in a sponsorship.

  In order to make things easier for the sponsorship drive, this week's task is to set up and print out an official brochure/handout. I hope to provide a "package deal" of some sort when we present the opportunity to potential sponsors- a professional brochure that lays out the details and history of the race, pulling up the Cannonball page and this blog, as well as showing the promotional video we filmed a few weeks ago. Hopefully this tactic will "legitimize" the opportunity in the eyes of these potential sponsors.

  Another idea that I've started to think about is the charity aspect. Like I said in the beginning- I'm just a normal guy, trying to keep the interest in antique motorcycling alive within younger and older generations. Regardless of the publicity that this event or my team receives, I am entering into the journey of a lifetime. My original goal was to participate- because, let's face it, this is certainly a cool event. But now with the media attention that is being attracted to the event and my effort to compete, what if I somehow tied a charity into it? There are so many wonderful charities out there- disabled and wounded veterans, cancer research, children with illnesses, etc.  If it would be possible to include some sort of effort like that, I would definitely be open to it. More on that later, as I research.


Happy New Year,

Buck Carson
Confirmed Cannonballer # 3
Carson Classic Motors Race Team

No comments:

Post a Comment